An exhibition for members of Ceramics Southern Africa
•All entries will go through a selection process by image. •Ceramics SA reserves the right to reject any unsuitable pieces sent to the exhibition. •The selectors’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The awards will be chosen from the selected works.
All entries must be submitted by Friday 5th October 2018. No late entries will be accepted.
To qualify for entry you must be a paid up member of Ceramics Southern Africa.
IMAGES FOR SELECTION
For each piece you submit you are required to prepare up to 3 images of the piece, one image can be a detail of the work. Be aware that these images are what your work is being selected by so be sure to submit the best images possible. These images should be medium size and up to 1mb each. The work is to be photographed against a white or grey background and base
Once you have prepared your images number them with your initials and entry number 1, 2, 3,4 or 5
If you have 3 images of your entry number 1 and your name is John Shirley, number them JS1a, JS1b, and JS1c.
As soon as you have submitted your form go online to wetransfer.com. You may be shown the option take me to free, if so click on that option if not you will be in the free option. Once you have accepted the terms and conditions, where it says add your files you can drag and drop your images here. In email to type email@example.com AND IN MESSAGE TYPE YOUR FULL NAME. When you have done all this click transfer. THIS MUST BE DONE AS SOON AS YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR FORM.
You will be sent an email within 72 hours confirming submission of your entry with the numbers your entries have been allocated.
PLEASE KEEP A NOTE OF THESE ENTRY NUMBERS. These are the numbers that will be published on the website showing the outcome of the selection process. If you do not recieve this email in 72 hours please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will follow up.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. You may enter 3 pieces into the Corobrik National Exhibition 2018. One of these entries may be a set, group or installation. Please note if you are entering a set, group or installation it will be sold for one price, and under no circumstances will these works be broken up and sold in part. You will need to submit 3 images of each of these entries.
In addition to the 3 entries to the Corobrik National Exhibition we are planning a wall of plates in the foyer (Salon C ) of Rust-en-Vrede for which we invite members to submit two plates for selection, maximum diameter 35cm. These will be entry number 4 and 5 and you are required to submit 2 images of each of these, one full image and a detail image.
Be sure that the price on your entry is the selling price.
Be aware that Ceramics Southern Africa will take a comission of 40% of this selling price.
2. Entries must be own original work and concept and may not have previously been entered in a competition or exhibition.
3. All parts of the ceramic work to have gone through a firing process and if a mixed media work it must be predominantly ceramic.
4. Selectors will not accept work which is a copy of work by another artist.
5. Artists who enter plates/hanging or suspended items must supply them complete with stands/ wires, etc. N.B. all plates for the Plate exhibition must be for the wall and supplied ready to hang.
6. All pieces must be for sale and the selling price which must include 40% commission should be clearly stipulated on the Entry Form.
7. Although all reasonable care will be taken in handling of the work, Ceramics Southern Africa, the sponsors, and Rust-en-Vrede Gallery do not hold themselves responsible for any loss or damage in transit or during the exhibition.
8. If insurance is required the artists must arrange this for their own account.
Artists must ensure that work is well packed.
9. Ceramics Southern Africa reserves the right to use photographs of exhibition pieces for publicity/marketing purposes.
10. Successful entries will be announced on the CSA Website on Wednesday 17th October 2018. Only entry numbers will be given – no names.
11. Delivery date at venue is 29 October for non W Cape Regions and for W Cape 30 October; between 9am and 4pm.
12. Delivery address; Rust-en-Vrede Gallery, 10 Wellington Road Durbanville, Cape Town, 7551 contact Hamlin / Donovan 0219764691 or Carine Sloan 0611682433
To enter the Corobrik National Exhibition 2018 you must be a paid up member of Ceramics Southern Africa. The non-refundable entry fee is R300.00 which must be transferred to the CSA account
Ceramics S A National Council
First National Bank
Branch Code: 250841
Account Number: 56340022981
Reference: Your name/Nat Exb
Should you have any queries regarding the exhibition or the selection process, please contact John Shirley - email@example.com 083 407 5968