An exhibition for members of Ceramics Southern Africa - Gauteng Region ONLY
•All entries will go through a selection process by image. •Ceramics SA organisers reserve the right to reject any unsuitable pieces sent to the exhibition. •The selectors’ decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The awards will be chosen from the selected works.
All entries must be submitted by 9 September 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: Although Fellows of Ceramics Southern Africa do not go through the selection process, or pay the entry fee, they are required to submit entry forms by 9th September 2017
To qualify for entry you must be a paid up member of Ceramics Southern Africa.
IMAGES FOR SELECTION
For each piece you submit you are required to prepare 3 images of the piece. Two views of the piece and one detail. Be aware that these images are what your work is being selected by so be sure to submit the best images possible. These images should be medium size and up to 1mb each. The work is to be photographed against a white or grey background and base
Once you have submitted your entry you will be sent an email within 24 -48 hours with details of how to submit the images and their numbers. Your images will be allocated new numbers and you will submit these separately once we have your entry form.
PLEASE KEEP A NOTE OF THESE ENTRY NUMBERS. .
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. You may enter 3 pieces into the G&W Regional Exhibition 2017. One of these entries may be a set, group or installation. Please note if you are entering a set, group or installation it will be sold for one price, and under no circumstances will these works be broken up and sold in part.
Be sure that the price on your entry is the selling price.
Be aware that Ceramics Southern Africa will take a comission of 40% of this selling price.
2. Entries must be own original work and concept and may not have previously been entered in a competition or exhibition.
3. All parts of the ceramic work to have gone through a firing process and if a mixed media work it must be predominantly ceramic.
4. Selectors will not accept work which is a copy of work by another artist.
5. Artists who enter plates/hanging or suspended items must supply them complete with stands/ wires, etc.
6. All pieces must be for sale and the selling price which must include 40% commission should be clearly stipulated on the Entry Form.
7. Although all reasonable care will be taken in handling of the work, Ceramics Southern Africa, the sponsors, and MuseumAfrica do not hold themselves responsible for any loss or damage in transit or during the exhibition.
8. If insurance is required the artists must arrange this for their own account.
Artists must ensure that work is well packed.
9. Ceramics Southern Africa reserves the right to use photographs of exhibition pieces for publicity/marketing purposes.
10. Successful entries will be announced on the CSA Website on Monday 18th September. Only entry numbers will be given – no names.
11.. Should your submission be unsuccessful, you are welcome to book a feedback session with the Selectors on Friday 20th September between 10 am and 1pm. To book a session please contact Gill Clark – email email@example.com
12. Accepted work to be delivered to MuseumAfrica on Tuesday October 3rd between 10am and 2pm
13. Any unsold work must be collected at MuseumAfrica on Saturday 21st October between 1:00 and 3:00pm.
To enter the G&W Regional Exhibition 2017 you must be a paid up member of Ceramics Southern Africa. The non-refundable entry fee is R200.00 which must be transferred to the CSA account
Ceramics SA Gauteng
FNB Westgate Branch code 250841 Acc no. 56340006555
Reference: Your name-Regional
Proof of payment must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Regional Exhibition in the subject line.
Should you have any queries regarding the exhibition or the selection process, please contact John Shirley - email@example.com 083 407 5968 / 011 640 4982 or Colleen Lehmkuhl - firstname.lastname@example.org 073 481 0889 / 011 463 7262